Crypted Haven

A Harry Potter based RPG. JOIN US for classes and fun a like!

HomeRegisterLog in
We now have a chatroom. It is located at the very bottom of the page or at http://cryptedhaven.forumotion.com/h1-chat
Classes are posted every two weeks, owl your teachers for any questions.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Rules

Rules Of Crypted Haven

1. When Creating a username make sure it is YOUR CHARACTERS NAME no numbers or symbols.
2. Be polite harassment will not be tolerated.
3. This site is not PG however please try to keep the adult themes to a minimum.
4. No God-Modding (controlling others' characters without their permission.)

Please remember the site is fairly new and things will be updated regularly and there may be some changes with the site.
Latest topics
» Year 3, Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:28 pm by Drake Black

» Year 5, Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:28 pm by Drake Black

» Dragonlore Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:27 pm by Drake Black

» Year 1, Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:26 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 3, Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:24 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 5, Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:22 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 5, Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:21 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 3, Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:20 pm by Ali Alcove

» Year 1, Lesson 4
11/11/2012, 8:18 pm by Ali Alcove

HOUSE POINTS

Aer  

Ignis 

Terra  

Aqua 

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on 9/4/2012, 4:44 pm

Share | 

Elemental Magic Lesson 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Death

PostSubject: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   9/27/2012, 3:40 am

Death Looked over the rolling black board at the front of his classroom. he had left it as is because he thought it would look old school classically cool. but now he had a problem. it was the first day of school and even though the headmistress had been kind enough to give him the teaching position, he hadn't prepared a lesson beyond his own thinking last night, now that in itself wasn't the problem because after all, THIS was his element. But rather that he hadn't thought about that ear shriveling noise chalk boards make when you write on them with brand new chalk.

he decided to stop acting like a baby and write the first line:

Welcome to a new form of magic.

Then he had to stop and doctor his ears for a bit. totally unwilling to under go that again, he got out his wand and a hum and swish of his wand later, the chalk board on wheels had been transformed into a flat glass plate. it wasn't the traditional square, or any other shape, but rather a flat organic sculpture. and the once purple chalk was now a dry erase marker.

"That's much better." then he continued with the lesson he had come up with last night.

Attendance: please post you name, House and year.

after writing that out, he got a little board and so with a flick of his wrist he enchanted the marker to write for him while he dictated his lesson aloud.

We will be learning very advanced magic in this class. and if you wish to succeed most of the work will be done on your own. by practicing and getting to know your self. if you took this for an easy credit, GET OUT NOW. if you would like to continue... Welcome. I am extremely happy to teach you the workings of Elemental magic.

There are two different spectrums of the elemental arts. the Basic Circle which consists of the primary elements: earth, fire, water, and air. and the Quadrapidic Spectrum which consist of the more advanced elements: sound, light, space, and time.

All of you will eventually be able to manipulate (if only slightly) all four of the Basic Circle. And most of you will have an affinity to one of those four. (Affinity is when you closely understand and mentally resound with an element and possess the ability to master and command it at will.) a few select individuals will have an affinity for one of the Quadrapidic Spectrum elements. If you apply yourself you will have the chance to become a master and manipulate the chosen element to your will.

As a young child (about the age of 5) I had an Affinity for both time and space. Since then I have mastered all 8 elements. I am the only individual to have mastered any of the Quadrapidic Spectrum elements. So as an instructor I am ready to answer all your questions and help you gain your full potential.

He had to stop himself there, because he wanted to relate most of his lesson aloud when the students arrived. though he did remember to add the homework.

Homework: (Due Before Next Class)

1.Tell me what element you think most closely identifies with you. (this does not mean it is your affinity)
2. What is the Quadrapidic Spectrum and the Basic Circle?
3. What element did professor Death have an affinity for?

In the empty space at the font of the room which accompanied the glass wall, he cast four spells.

For the first one, he snapped, rubbed his hands victoriously rubbed them together and then while still rubbing, he crouched low to the ground. with his hands almost touching the ground, he opened his palms to expose flames that had ignited on his palms. he kept his right hand palm up and with his left hand directly opposite, made a swirling motion. than he flicked both of his hands as if to fling any clinging flames off his hands and quickly stepped away. near the floor and about 4 feet high was a self-contained tornado of fire.

For the second, he took a smooth, black rock out of his trouser pocket, and placed it over his heart with one hand. With the other hand he drummed out a heart beat. after a minute or so he held the stone out in front of him in both hands, then he made the motion of trying to pull the stone in two. his hands slipped off the surface of the stone, and Death took a step back to admire his handie work. The stone had remained suspended in the air and was now slowly moving as if it was a living organism. expanding and splitting off, making a circular design that is more complex and detailed every passing minute.

The Third spell, he started with his fingers close to his nose. as he blew out, he moved the air with his fingers first and then his hands in a tight vertical circle at chest level. as the shear of air grew bigger his hands moved in different directions. soon it was self sufficient and he placed it alongside the other elements.

For the Last spell, he took a drink of water form a glass he had placed on a near by desk. pulling the water in his cheeks, he made a trumpet out of his hands and spit the water into the air. It remained there suspended and after a few quick motions with his hands, Death had created a cloud.

Death looked over the four spells to make sure they were perfect before turning around to face the class and greet his students.

Last edited by Death on 9/27/2012, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karisa Mathais

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   9/27/2012, 12:43 pm

"Karisa Mathais, Ignis House, Fifth year."
Back to top Go down
Death

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   9/27/2012, 12:52 pm

"Welcome Miss Mathais to elemental magic. Go ahead and take notes on whats on the board while we wait for the other students."
Back to top Go down
David Callahan

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   9/27/2012, 3:57 pm

David was transfixed by the spells he saw at the front of the classroom. He had been standing there long enough to watch the ball of air and the cloud be created. each of the elements were about 4 feet by 4 feet. they were amazing. He had noticed that the Professor had not used his wand which was even more impressive than the magic he created.

David cleared his throat. "I'm David Callahan, 5th Year, Aqua House." he found that he was actually excited by this class which surprised him.
Back to top Go down
Karisa Mathais

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   9/30/2012, 6:19 pm

Karisa was amazed this class was going to be so awesome!
Back to top Go down
Death

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   9/30/2012, 9:49 pm

Death looked at his two students with excitement. "Now that you are both here we can start looking into what your individual affinity will be. Follow me."

Death led them to the front of the room. "now I want you to stand directly in front of each self-contained element. stand as close as you feel comfortable and interact with the element as you see fit. if you don't feel like interacting with the element, that is fine to. These are the four elements in the basic circle. you will have the chance to test your metal against the Quadratic spectrum at a later time."

"Right now you are just familiarizing your self with the basic elements. but if you do have an affinity for any of these four, it will manifest itself in a very ..... meaningful way. and don't worry, no two people's interactions will be exactly the same."

Death stood back to watch his students.
Back to top Go down
David Callahan

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/1/2012, 8:06 pm

David walked up to the fire. he wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to do. he felt the heat sear his face, so he took half a step back and stretched out his hand. the flames jumped onto and clung to his hand. the flames were hot, but not burning. startled, David pulled his hand back, and immediately, the flames were extinguished. "Cool." he muttered, then moved on.

Next was the living sphere of rock. thinking it was some sort of puzzle, he began to poke and proud it, but that made no difference. after a while he became frustrated, so he tried to see if he could move it. after nudging it from several different angles, he gave up and moved on.

For Air, David remembers the hand motions the teacher had made, so even though he felt sort of stupid, and was sure he was doing it wrong, he tried copying the teacher's movements. nothing happened so he sped up his moments. then one of his hands passed through the sphere of air, and suddenly it felt like it had been caught in the middle of two cars going 70 down a free way. David jerked his hand back expecting to see it had been smashed flat. but it was fine. he wiggled his fingers just to check, then moved on.

When he stepped in front of the cloud he was puzzled for a bit. but then he remembered stuff he had been taught about the water cycle in elementary school. taking a gulp of air, he slowly breathed out across the surface of the cloud. hoping the the warmth from his breath would heat up the cloud and produce precipitation. sure enough, the cloud glowed slightly then began sprinkling on the floor below it.

David was impressed with himself. that had been cool.he walked back towards where Karisa stood and he whispered, "Its your turn." and then he winked to encourage her.
Back to top Go down
Karisa Mathais

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/2/2012, 4:07 am

Karisa looked at David then nervously stepped up to the front. She glanced back at Death and David before turning back to the fire, she put her hand out towards the fire. Before she knew it the fire had singed her fingers. Karisa pulled her fingers back and looked at the red marks as they disappated.
Taking a deep breath she stepped towards the rock. She looked at it with curiosity she touched it and the rock pulsed Karisa took her hand away and the rock wiggled but didn't do much more than that.

Karisa moved to the air she copied the hand motions that both the teacher and David had done and soon put her hand up to the sphere, wind swirled out and wrapped around her like a dust devil whipping her hair across her face, Karisa's hands imedatly went to the back of her skirt to keep it down and a few seconds later the wind died down and all was calm again.

Karisa then stepped up to the rain cloud she blew on it and was zapped by a small lighting bolt but other that nothing apparently the elements liked to show thier rejection in a slightly pain full way with her.
Karisa then turned and headed back to her seat. She hoped she had done well and had done what the teacher wanted
Back to top Go down
Death

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/2/2012, 6:35 am

Death felt as if he could cry, he had been so worried about his students, but they both seamed to have a natural ability for elemental magic. Although their affinities weren't clear yet, the both showed imence potential.

"that was excellent. you both show great promise. now I want you both to remember that elemental magic is wandless magic. and unlike spells that create or summon the elements, you are going to be learning how to manipulate and change the very elements. which will require you both to be in good heath, both mentally and physical."

Next he addressed them each in turn. "Mr. Callahan, I want you to work with both fire and water right now. try to understand the connection between the two elements and from now untill next class notice anytime you are near heat, or water and count them."

"Miss Mathais, working with either fire or water right now, might cause you some harm, so I want you to focus on Earth and Air. Take this rock, "He handed her a fist sized smooth blueish river rock, " and sleep with it under your pillow. in the morning, see if you can coax the rock into altering its shape. even the tiniest alteration will be a huge success on your part. Also before you go to bed, and as you wake up, concentrate on the way the air moves in and out of your lungs."

"And both of you," He fixed them with a serious and hard look. "I want you excersizing at least twice a day. How do you expect to command the elements if you cant command yourselves?"

He then cut a smile and said, "Do either of you have any questions?" He looked from one to the other.
Back to top Go down
Karisa Mathais

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/3/2012, 12:53 am

Karisa shook her head,
"If I say no does that mean class is over?" she paused breifly.
"If so I think I will head over to Puritain Alley."
Back to top Go down
Death

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/3/2012, 10:59 pm

"Yes it does. just remeber what I told you." Death sighed.

Then he turned back towards the spells. Death made a large circular motion with his arms that ended in a clap which put out all four of the spells instantly. the fire and air disbanded, the earth reverted back into a smooth stone which traveled back to Death's pocket and the cloud condenced into water and traveled threw to air and back into the glass.

Turning back to face his students he said, "Have a nice week. See you both next class. make sure your not late."
Back to top Go down
David Callahan

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/3/2012, 11:02 pm

David gatherd his things and then turned to Karisa. "Do you mind if I join you? I just happen to have some free time after this class too." He winked sugestivly.
Back to top Go down
Karisa Mathais

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/8/2012, 2:50 am

Karisa rolled her eyes with a smile.
"Of course if you want to join me you are welcome to that is if you dont have something better to do like oogle the staff."
Back to top Go down
David Callahan

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/8/2012, 4:58 pm

David looked at death. there was no way he had given a male teacher anything close to an oggling look he shivered just thinking about it. "nope I'm all free. so can I meet you there?"
Back to top Go down
Karisa Mathais

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   10/10/2012, 3:17 pm

Karisa rolled her eyes and slapped David lightly on the shoulder.
"Meant the female teachers God!" Karisa laughed.A
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Magic Lesson 1   

Back to top Go down

Elemental Magic Lesson 1
Page 1 of 1